Botanical Backdrop Die - Sunny Studio Stamps

Hello friends!  I am sharing two cards today that feature the gorgeous Botanical Backdrop Die from Sunny Studio Stamps.


For my first card, I created a fun shaker card and combined the Botanical Backdrop Die with the cute Magical Mermaids Stamp Set.  I thought that the leafy frame could pass as some ocean foliage and nicely frame a little underwater scene.  I colored all of my images with Copic Sketch Markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out.


For the underwater background, I blended some Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet, and Dusty Concord) onto a sheet of Ranger White Watercolor Paper.  I then spritzed this panel lightly with water, blotted it dry with a paper towel and then set it aside to completely dry.


Once my background was ready, I added some 3D Foam Adhesive Tape around the edges and added my embellishments.  I heat embossed my sentiment with Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto a sheet of Heat Resistant Acetate.  Once I attached the acetate, I then glued the final frame onto the outside of the card.


 For my second card, I didn't do any stamping at all.  I simply diecut my images and lightly blended them with some ink.  I used the Colorbox Ocean Ink for the green/blue tint and the Colorbox Lemonade Ink for the small yellow flowers.


I added a sheet of the Gingham Pastels Paper Pack to the background and then adhered a 3D version of the sentiment "Hello" by diecutting it 5 times.




Thanks so much for dropping by!  If you liked these cards and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovely day!

♥ Rachel

2 comments :

  1. Ooooh, I love how you showed this background die in two completely different ways! So versatile. I adore each look, too. Those mermaids are so cute and colored so great. The gingham...ohhhh you had me at the gingham. Thanks ever so much for sharing, Rachel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One die, two totally opposing card scenes. Truly there is no limit to your talents, Rachel. Absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your inspirations. Cheers from Australia.

    ReplyDelete