MFT & Friends - January Product Launch

Hello crafty friends!  It's finally time to shop the latest product release from MFT Stamps!  There are so many wonderful new products to choose from.  You don't want to miss it!


I just love the new B.B. Cute Chemists Stamp Set!  I especially love the addition of their safety goggles. It really adds so much character to each image!  I've created a fun pop-up card today featuring the sweet little boy and girl in this set.  I wanted to make it look like a 3D Chem Lab, so I added a pop-up lab counter top where they will be cooking up all of their experiments.


I first cut a piece of White Card Stock to 5.5" x 8.5" and scored it down the middle of the long side at 4.25".  This was the base of my card.  I then cut another piece of White Card Stock for the pop-up counter and trimmed it to 5.5" x 4.0".  I then scored it along the 4" side at 1", 2.5", and 3.5".  Once I had created the score lines (but before I folded them) I then colored this piece by blending some Distress Inks (Antique Linen and Vintage Photo).


I then added some "cabinet doors" by using the smallest square from the Inside & Out Stitched Square Die-namics.  I cut 4 separate doors from White Card Stock and then "stained" them with some darker Distress Inks (Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso) so that they would contrast slightly from the color of the counter behind them.  I also stamped a floor with Kraft Premium Ink onto white Card Stock using the Wood Plank Background Stamp.


For the background, I cut a piece of Gravel Grey Prestige Card Stock to 5.25" x 4.0" and blended some white bricks on top of it using some white ink and the English Brick Wall Stencil.  I added my sentiment to this piece by creating a dry-erase board with a piece of Black Licorice Card Stock and adding a piece of Smooth White Card Stock (to which I stamped my sentiment) on top.  I also stamped a few chemical bonds using some Electric Red Ink.


For my images, I stamped them all with Black Ink onto some Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock, colored them with Copic Sketch Markers, and used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  I added them to the inside of my card with some liquid adhesive.


 For the outside of my card, I colored the sweet girl chemist identically to the one inside the card and simply added her to a paper belly-band that helps to hold the card shut when mailing or laying flat.  I also used a sheet of the new and gorgeous Sweet Stack Patterned Paper to cover the outside of my card.


Here's a view of the belly band without the card.  Super easy to make and very effective at holding it all together.




Would you like to win one of two $100 MFT Gift Vouchers?  Head on over to the MFT Blog to find links to the rest of the Design Team and leave a comment on each of the DT Member's Product Launch Post to be entered into the drawing!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Here are some other projects (above) that I made with this month's release.  If you liked my card today and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!  Happy shopping!

♥ Rachel

60 comments :

  1. Super cute and as usual I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a work of love! The pop up counter is absolutely genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are awesome, and I can't wait to get that cute chemist set!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scene looks amazing. The cabinets are just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sweet pop up card! Very creative and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous card! Love the work table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the exquisite details you included in this card. The pop up counter is as creative as it gets

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what a stunner! This must have taken ages to colour (but well worth it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card! I love the way you made the cabinet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your card is amazing...love the adorable lab! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always wowed by your creations. This one is no exception. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What an awesome card with this adorable chemistry set! A lot of work and love went into this. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love all your little details, it really shows in the final product. Thanks for the little video, it really gives you a good view of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this card is awesome! So dynamic. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fantastic card. Such a sweet scene using the Cute Chemist set. I love the little details you add... those cabinet doors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a STUNNING SCENE and your coloring is ALWAYS JAW DROPPING!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the scenes you created with these stamps! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous work!! What an awesome scene!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did an amazing job on your cards! I love the new releases this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did an amazing job on your cards! I love the new releases this month.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did an amazing job on your cards! I love the new releases this month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome cards! I am really really in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are amazing! Your idea of the fold out card with the Chemistry set is incredible, truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your chemistry card is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card design. Thank you for providing details for how you created this wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great projects Rachel! I love the design, colors, and the cute chemists! It one of my favorite sets! I love this release!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely cards Rachel, it seems that noone can go wrong with the chemistry set, it is fun and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, amazing card! The pop-up design is so creative and your coloring is gorgeous. I love how you designed the belly band to keep it closed for mailing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How would it be to find such an amazing card in your mailbox... Just love this!! Thank you for showing how you made this!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Outstanding card! I think this looks fantastic. How fun that you made it a pop up scene. Your creativity is fabulous. Great coloring, too. Just fantastic work! Thanks for sharing how you created it, too. Very generous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! What an amazing card! The pop up scene is incredible and the coloring is stunning. FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this amazing pop up! All the details are fantastic, it looks so realistic, it makes me what to go play on that lab! Thanks for the inspiration Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the card. Thanks for sharing the process. So easy to follow and recreate.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yaaasssss! This Pop-Up Science Lab Card is Ahhh-MAzing!!! You Nailed It! ...and the closure holder. YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's all in the details... I love the cabinet doors and the wooden floor... Such a great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow!!! Awesome pop-up card!!! Your cabinet and how you created is just fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely card, I love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! What a fun card! Love that it is a pop up card and those scientists are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic card! Your coloring is wonderful. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW! Your card is fantastic! So much attention to detail. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am in love with this adorable card! The pop up feature adds fab depth and your coloring is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW Rachel, now THAT is ONE SWEET CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Adorable! Love this chemist set.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fabulous pop up card. Your coloring is perfect. Love the goggles.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous. Love the lab scene you created on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is a fantastic project. Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow! What an awesome card! I love all of the detail you added to the lab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the scene you created! Fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Amazing card! Love the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete