My Favorite Things and MISTI

Hello, friends!  My Favorite Things has teamed up with My Sweet Petunia and there are some fun prizes up for grab!  As many of you may already know, My Sweet Petunia is the company behind the MISTI (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented).  I have created a fun card today, utilizing the MISTI in a couple of different ways.


To be honest, I use the MISTI on almost every card that I make.  It has many purposes, but the one that I use it the most for is repeat stamping.


Unless I am doing no-line coloring, when I stamp my images, I prefer that they have a nice bold black line.  Until I found the MISTI, I could never achieve this with just one single press of a stamping block.  I do still use stamping blocks, but when I am stamping images to color (I used Copics on my images today), I almost always use my MISTI.


 If you look at the images above (from the newly released Rainbows & Unicorns Stamp Set), the top set of pictures shows what my images look like with just one round of stamping with the MISTI.  This is usually how they look when stamping one time with a stamp block.  However, since the MISTI holds your stamps in place, you can repeat your stamping as many times as you like without fear of not stamping exactly where you stamped your image the first time.  The bottom set of images shows what these same images look like when stamped three times.  Another nice feature is that I can stamp multiple images at once (which saves me a lot of time).


Another way that I used the MISTI in my card today was to create a background using the resist embossing technique.  Above, I used the BG Scattered Hearts Background Rubber Cling Stamp and utilized the MISTI to stamp it several times with clear Versamark Embossing Ink.  This allows for good coverage of the ink without missing any areas.


I then covered the stamped hearts with some Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it.  Once it is set with the heat gun, you really can't see what you've done (because the powder is clear) until you apply ink over it.


I love this heart background but I wanted it to be a little more vibrant to go with my scene today.  This is why I did the Resist Embossing Technique.  In order to get my blue sky with white hearts, I then blended some Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Mermaid Lagoon) once the clear embossing powder on the hearts had set.


I also used my MISTI in one other way to create this card.  I had cut out some clouds from White Card Stock using the Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics.  I wanted to stamp my sentiment on one of the cloud strips.  Now, I have to admit, I'm not always the best at stamping my sentiments level with the angles of my card.  Sometimes they're slightly crooked.  However, after discovering the MISTI Creative Corners, that is no longer the case (thank goodness!).  I used the L-shaped ruler that comes in this set to line up my sentiment on my cloud strip, as shown above.  The bar magnet (as seen) is very strong and holds my diecut in place perfectly.


 As you can see, when using this technique, my sentiment is perfectly level with the cut of the cloud.  It just takes the stress out of trying to line things up and failing to do so.




I love my MISTI and have to agree that the MISTI truly is one of the most incredible stamp tools invented!




Now for the prizes up for grab!  My Favorite Things will be giving away THREE $50 My Sweet Petunia Gift Certificates and My Sweet Petunia will be giving away THREE $50 My Favorite Things Gift Certificates.  Head on over to the MFT Blog for all of the details and to check out what other ways the MFT Design Team has used the MISTI on their projects today!


I hope you enjoyed my card!  I appreciate you stopping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovey day!

♥ Rachel

32 comments :

  1. Good morning Rachel, your card is so cute. I love the embossed resist technique and ink blending. You make such a sweet soft background that way. Thank you for sharing your card with us. I love my 4 Misti's and I love MFT stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card! Love the background! I need a Misti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Love your sweet card and your fabulous colouring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachel for the great pictorial of your process. I always love to know how others pull it together. Great comparisons of blocks vs. MISTI too. I agree that stamping once with a block never gives the solid outline that I want/need.
    Your card is simply adorable and very well done. (Love the Rainbows & Unicorns set.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card, beautiful colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card, I adore your use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The emboss resist idea created the perfect background for a really cute scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I was hoping to see someone using the princess and unicorn stamps and this didn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love the Rainbows and Unicorn set, and you just made me love it more! Amazing scene you created, and great tips for the MISTI. Thank you! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this card is just darling - LOVE the background:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your heart background turned out with the gradation in color! So pretty and just the perfect touch for this super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ADORE this card! The scene! The way you colored the unicorn! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning and sweet card! Love the intense colors and adorable scene.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to find where I tucked my L-Shaped Ruler away ... awesome technique ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The background turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card and I love my MISTI too! Thank you for giving such clear explainations! I'm new to card making and I love the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for a very thorough explanation of how you use the Misti on your fun and creative card

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card and a great explanation of how you use your MISTI to help you create. I have the creative corners pieces, yet, I forget to use them! Great reminder. Love your fun and whimsical card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card- so sweet! Love the embossed resist background. That stamp lives in my house, now to find time to use it. Thx for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your background is absolutely heaven. I love the blending of the blues. Your figures are perfectly colored in pastel colors. I know I am hooked on using my Mini Misti. I received it for Christmas and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun card! I love the heart background. :) I use my MISTI all the time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The unicorn scene is so cute! My little granddaughter would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love the embossed hearts background. Great way to add some texture to your card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so adorable! :) Love this stamp set and card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I never know what to do with an embossed background- so thank you for the inspiration, Love it😍

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is adorable, I love the "sky hearts" background with using the resist embossing technique. Thank you for going into detail of how you used your MISTI. I don't have one yet but am learning quickly how much I need one lol. Thank you for sharing your card, tips, and the great inspiration! (mardy14@bellsouth.net)

    ReplyDelete