Playful Peacock Friendship Card - MFT Stamps

Hi, friends!  I have been wanting to use my Playful Peacock Stamp Set from My Favorite Things for awhile now and I finally was able to sit down and do so!  It's such a fun set!


To start, I first stamped my image with black ink, colored with Copic Sketch Markers and used the coordinating die to cut it out.  I then stamped the BG Whimsical Waves Background onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110 lb Card Stock with Clear VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder.


I then blended this panel with Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink.  I love to use clear embossing powder on background stamps.  It allows you to see the image in white when  you color over it with ink.  Once dry, I then cut this panel with one of the stitched rectangle dies from the A2 Stitched Rectangle Die-namics Set 2.


I then used the Circle Die-namics to cut a hole in the center of this panel.  Beneath it, I placed a similar image of the BG Whimscial Waves Background Stamp that I had stamped onto a sheet of white card stock with both the Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink.  I then placed this panel onto an A2 white card base with some 3D Foam Adhesive Tape to add dimension.


To frame the circular window, I used the Stitched Circle Scallop Frame Die-namics with a piece of Tropical Teal Prestige Card Stock.  Once the frame was in place, I then adhered my peacock to the center of the circle using some 3D Foam Adhesive Squares.  Lastly, I stamped my sentiment onto a strip of white card stock and cut it out with one of the Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips Die-namics.

I hope you enjoyed my card today!  Thank you so much for dropping by!   If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you a lovely day!

♥ Rachel

2 comments :

  1. G'Day Rachel, this card has such crisp (green) monochromatic tones with the splash of blue in the peacock's body, making it visually spectacular - as the peacock is. Thank you for sharing your skill and talent. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete