Henrietta Hedgehog - Technique Tuesday October Animal House

Hello friends!  I honestly can't believe that it's October already.  Where has the time gone?  But, on the bright side, a brand new month usually means new stamp releases!  I'm here to share the newest Animal House Stamp Set that I was kindly sent from Technique Tuesday!  Every month, Technique Tuesday comes out with a brand new Animal-themed Stamp and Die Set.


Henrietta Hedgehog Stamp Set

This month's set features an adorable hedgehog named Henrietta along with some fun nature stamps.  For those that follow me, you know that I adore creating 3D scene cards.  I thought it would be fun to create a fun little pop up box card for Henrietta to strut her stuff, lol.


To start, I first created the base (box) of my card using a sheet of 12"x12" White Card Stock, some patterned paper (any patterned paper will work), a scoring board, paper trimmer, scissors and some strong adhesive.


Box Card Dimensions
  • Trim paper to 4.25" x 12"
  • Score along long side at 2 3/4", 5.5", 8 1/4" and 11"
  • Rotate 90 degrees and score paper (along short side) at 2 1/8"
  • Cut flaps accordingly and fold
  • Inside shelf measurements are 3.5" x 1" and scored along the long side at 3/8" and 3 1/8"


 For my images, I stamped them with Copic friendly black ink, colored with Copics (colors listed below) and used the Henrietta Hedgehog coordinating Crafting Dies to cut them out.

Copic Colors Used
  • Trees: G20, YG13, YG17, YG67
  • Tree Trunks: E31, E23, E29
  • Reds: R05, R14, R46, R59
  • Whites: 0, C00, C2, C4, C5
  • Henrietta: E30, E31, E25, E27, E29, E49

For my grass, I simply trimmed a few pieces of green card stock and used my scissors to cut some grass patterns (it's easier than it looks!).  Once done, I lightly blended each piece with some Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink to add some slight shading.


I stamped my sentiment onto some White Card Stock and placed it on the front flap of my card.  I also added two small strips of deep red card stock to make my sentiment pop. 

For more inspiration using this sweet Henrietta Hedgehog Stamp Set, you can head on over to the Technique Tuesday website and see what their amazing Design Team has created!  Also, click HERE for more information on their monthly Animal House Club (a membership is not necessary in order to purchase this set but it does give you a 25% discount on each Animal House set if you join).

Technique Tuesday

Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a wonderful day and happy card making!

♥ Rachel


4 comments :

  1. Love it - this is just adorbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Rachel. That Henrietta is adorable and I love the big trees. The coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeanne! ☺️ I love those big trees too. It’s such a cute set 😍♥️

      Delete