MFT Stamps - Sweet Holiday Penguins Box Card

Hello everyone!  I have one more post to share with you today featuring the MFT Stamps Sweet Holiday Penguins Stamp Set illustrated by Stacey Yacula.


I can't get enough of these adorable little penguins!  I made a 3D pop-up box card that folds perfectly to fit into a standard A2 sized envelope.  In order to do this, I trimmed two pieces of Blueberry Prestige Card Stock to 6"x 4.25" and scored each piece at 3.5" & 5.5" on the long side.  From there, I just cut and folded each piece and attached them together with the 1/2" flaps to get my box base.


I then inserted some "shelves" on the inside of my card to hold my images.  I cut these shelf strips at 4.25" x 1" and scored them at 3/8" and 3 7/8".  I created some snowy hills using both the Stitched Snow Drifts and Stitched Basic Edges Die-namics.


I added some trees from the BB Ready Set Snow Stamp Set from which I had colored with Copics.  For the panels of the card, I added some white card stock and a blue sky panel blended from Tumbled Glass and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Inks.


Lastly, (and prior to gluing everything to the box) I heat embossed my sentiment with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Have a lovely day!  Happy Stamping!

♥ Rachel

4 comments :

  1. This is adorable!! I love the fun little penguins and your sky just makes everything POP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of your sweet comments, Nora! 🤗💗

      Delete
  2. Absolutely adorable and delightful, Rachel. Those penguins look amazing with your coloring. I adore how they look like they are having the time of their life out there in the snow. Your coloring adds so much personality. Your sky background is so vibrant, too. Gorgeous! Thank you SO much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanne! Your comments always make me smile! I’m so happy you liked it! 💗

      Delete