Cards With Confetti - MFT Birthday Project

Hello again!  This month's Birthday Project from My Favorite Things is all about cards with confetti.  Yes, it's messy but it sure is fun!



For my card today, I made a shaker card filled with colorful confetti.  I used various scraps of colored Card Stock and die cut them a few times using the Celebratory Confetti Die-namics.  I actually love this die set.  It was super easy to make some fun confetti of different shapes and sizes.




I also used the swirly dies from both the Heart Balloon Shaker & Frame and Mini Balloon Shaker & Frame Die-namics to cut some swirled pieces of confetti.  I used some foam adhesive tape, the largest Stitched Rectangle Frames Die-namics and some clear acetate to make a shaker window in which to hold my confetti.



In order to have some pieces always showing in all portions of the card, I glued a few to the background so that they wouldn't fall down when the card was upright.  Lastly, I added a fun little tropical bird (colored with Copics) from the Toucan Do It stamp set that was released last month.



Make sure you stop by the MFT Challenge & Inspiration Blog for more challenge details and to see all of the amazing designs created by the other participating DT Members!

Thanks so much for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovely day!

♥ Rachel

6 comments :

  1. Fabulous card, Rachel. I adore all the bright and cheery colors in the confetti. Sure can see why you like it so much. Fun! Great idea to glue some of the pieces so you can always see some confetti. And the toucan is colored wonderfully. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeanne! I’ve never used the confetti die before now. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and fun it was. I don’t usually like working with a lot of pieces of small paper because they seem to fly everywhere and stick on everything, but these were actually easy to work with!

      Delete
  2. So fun and COLORFUL!! That's definitely a party on a card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Donna! I think I'm a sucker for lots of color, lol. <3

      Delete
  3. What a fun card! I love the confetti and the cute tropical bird :)

    ReplyDelete