Birthday Fishes - MFT Sketch Challenge 395

Hello friends!  Can you believe that it's already Wednesday again and time for a new MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge?  I know I say it a lot, but I love these challenges!  It's so much fun (and challenging) to try to think of something that fits the sketch layout for the week.


For my card this week, I created a fun underwater scene using the cute little fish from the BB Gill Friends Stamp Set and the ocean seaweed from the Adorned Ocean Friends Set.


For my ocean background, I blended some Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot) onto a smooth piece of White Card Stock.  I then spritzed it lightly with water and blotted it dry with a paper towel.  Once dry, I then heat embossed some seaweed with some Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder.


Lastly, I added a strip of heavyweight Vellum across my card and heat embossed my sentiment with some Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder.  It's sometimes hard to capture in photos but Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder gives a gorgeous hue (it's one of my favorites).




Here's a photo of this week's sketch!  I encourage you to come and play along!  One random winner will be chosen to win an MFT Gift Voucher.



Make sure to stop by the MFT Challenge & Inspiration Blog to see the amazing and inspirational designs by the rest of the DT!


Thank you all for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovely day!

♥ Rachel 

2 comments :

  1. Oh golly, Rachel, I think the colors in your background are gorgeous. Different and unique! Will have to play with those colors. I like how you used the coral, too. Your coloring is always fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing. :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeanne! I really loved the bold color combination that I used this time. It gives a lot of contrast to the card (at least I think it does, lol).

      Delete