Have a Flamazing Day - MFT & Friends

Hello friends!  It's time for another MFT & Friends post where the MFT Design Team is challenged to take a fresh look at the most recent release.  Since My Favorite Things always comes out with a ton of amazing products every month, I really like this challenge because it gives me a chance to play with a set that I haven't had a chance to use yet.


For my card today, I used the newly released Let's Flamingle Set.  I wanted to try something a little bit different and slightly out of my comfort zone and make my own background scene before adding my images.  To start, I masked off a few areas of this card using the Drifts & Hill Stencil and some Distress Inks.  I first blended some Old Paper and Vintage Photo Distress Inks to create my sand.  I added some dots with Copics and a White Gel Pen for some added interest.  I also used the stencil and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink to create my sea.  For the sky, I blended Squeezed Lemonade, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick Distress and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Inks.


I stamped all of my images onto smooth white card stock, colored them with Copics and then used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  For my palm trees, I used the Beach Scene Builder Die-namics and blended the pieces with both green and brown Distress Inks.


I stamped my sentiment in Black Ink and added some glitter to the margarita and umbrella with a clear Wink of Stella pen.  I finished my card of with a frame using the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame Die-namics.




I hope you've enjoyed my card today!  Don't forget to stop by the MFT Blog to see what the rest of the participating DT Members have created and to also see our latest MFT & Friends Guest Designers!

Wishing you all a wonderful day and Happy Stamping!

Rachel

No comments :

Post a Comment