Color Throwdown 493

Hello!  I'm back with another guest post for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  The colors this week are Aqua, Lime and White.  I absolutely love this week's color combination and inspirational photo.


I went with an ocean-themed card today.  For my ocean waves, I used the My Favorite Things Drifts & Hills Stencil and blended some Blue Raspberry Ink in various depths.  I then used the Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX to cut this piece.  To add some dimension, I used some 3D foam tape to re-attach the outer rectangle frame.


For my mermaid, I used the MFT BB Mermazing Stamp Set.  I stamped my images onto smooth white card stock with black ink, colored them with Copics and then used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  For the various shades of green seaweed, I used both Gumdrop Green Premium Ink and Twisted Citron Distress Ink.


I stamped my sentiment in black ink prior to attaching this piece to the base of my card and finished off my card with a few Clear Round Drops.


Here's a look at this week's Color Swatch and Inspirational Photo.


Color Throwdown Challenge 493

I hope you enjoyed my card today!  Make sure to head on over to the Color Throwdown Blog and check out the fabulous projects by each of the Color Throwdown Design Team Members listed below!


Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders

Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen

Have a wonderful day!

Rachel

4 comments :

  1. Such a cute card! Like the way your panel spills over onto your card base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, this sweet little mermaid card is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete