Winter Wishes Box Card - Whimsy Stamps Guest Design

Hello friends!  I'm back today to share my third guest post this month for Whimsy Stamps.  I've greatly enjoyed playing with their super cute stamps and had a lot of fun creating a 3D "Winter Wishes" Box Card to share with you.


For this card, I used the adorable penguins from the "Penguins Winter Adventure" Stamp Set and combined them with some accessories from the "Oh What Fun" Stamp Set.  I love the little North Pole sign sticking up in the back of the scene!  I stamped all of my images with Copic friendly Black Ink, colored with Copic Sketch Markers and then cut them out.


To create the base (box portion) of my card, I like to refer to THIS tutorial.  I do change the measurements slightly (mine base is not as tall) but you can design yours however you like.  I created my own candy-cane striped patterned paper for the sides of the box using the Brushed Stripes Background Rubber Cling Stamp with Red Ink and layered it with some pieces of Kraft Card Stock.


For the blue sky background, I blended some Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks and then splattered this panel with some white paint to resemble snow.


I created a few stitched snowy hills by diecutting some small pieces of white card stock with the Stitched Border Die Trio.  Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment with Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto a small strip of black card stock.

Whimsy Stamps Penguins Winter Adventure


Whimsy Stamps Oh What Fun Stamp Set


Brushed Stripes Rubber Cling Background Stamp


I hope you enjoyed my card today!  You can check out the other super cute stamps and dies that Whimsy Stamps has to offer HERE.
Whimsy Stamps

Thanks so much for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovely day and happy card making!

♥ Rachel

4 comments :

  1. Terrific box card. I so enjoy your bright bold colors and the creative ways you use a box card, Rachel. Thank you very much for sharing. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I sure appreciate all that you share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable box card, love every detail from the Brushed Stripes to the little North Pole and everything in between! Thanks so much for being such a wonderful special guest for Whimsy Stamps! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deb! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well! 🤗💖

      Delete