"Get Well Soon" Mini Care Boxes - MFT Tips & Tricks


Hello crafty friends!  For this month's MFT Stamps Tips & Tricks Feature, I have some cute and practical "Get Well Soon" Mini Care Boxes to share with you.  


Unfortunately, it's that time of the year here where a lot of sickness is going around.  Sometimes we want to give more than a card to someone who is ill but less than a gift.  These are perfect for those occasions!


 When I first saw the Get Well Soon Circle Frame Die-namics, I thought that it would go perfectly with the Circle Shaker Treat Pouches.  These pouches are fairly deep and you can fill them with pretty much whatever little treat that you wanted.  I opted to fill all of mine with some cough drops.


I created some matchbox style slider boxes that also had room for some care items.  Some of the boxes, I filled with tea and the others I filled with pocket sized packets of tissues.



To start, I first created some felt flowers and leaves using the Mini Rolled Roses & Royal Leaves Die-namics.  For the outer shell of the box, I cut a piece of Kraft Card Stock to 8.5" x 4.25".  I then scored this piece along the long side at 1", 4", 5", and 8".  For the inner portion (or drawer) of the box, I cut a piece of White Card Stock to 6 3/16" and 4 15/16".  I then scored this piece at 1" on each side after repeatedly rotating my card stock 90 degrees before scoring it.


Once this bottom piece was scored, I then cut the flaps on each of the long-sides of the card stock as shown in the photo above.


I made two variations of drawers.  One, I used a 3/4" Circle Punch to cut a small half circle to make it easier to pull the drawer out and the other I diecut a small stitched window from where the Kleenex could slide through.


To create the outer portion of my box, I diecut a small circle into the front section using the Circle STAX Die-namics Set #2.  I then glued my Circle Shaker Treat Pouch from the inside and allowed it to dry.  I then placed my cough drops into the treat pouch and and attached a piece of colored card stock (I used scrap pieces of ink-blended sheets of paper but any card stock will do) to the back of it to hold the cough drops in place.


I used the smaller of the Essential Sentiment Rip Strip Die-namics to allow for easier access to the cough drops without having to tear the box apart.



Lastly, I glued my Get Well Soon Circle Frame around the outer part of the Treat Shaker Pouch.  I added some twine and the felt roses to add some more color and interest.


I hope you have enjoyed my idea today!  You could even use this idea for some fun party or wedding favors.  Obviously, you would use a different Word Circle Frame Die-namic for those occasions!


Make sure to stop by the MFT Blog to see what other Tips & Tricks the rest of the participating team members have come up with !

Thanks so much for dropping by!  If you liked this project and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

♥ Rachel

4 comments :

  1. Great ideas to help perk someone up who is not feeling well. Thank you so much for sharing, Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments, Jeanne! 🤗💕

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea! I love your mini care boxes! Thanks for sharing how you created them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So happy that you liked them! ☺️💗

      Delete