A Bear Kind of Winter - Picket Fence Studios

Hello crafty friends!  I hope you are all enjoying the rest of your weekend!  With Thanksgiving just wrapping up and Christmas right around the corner, things in my household have been pretty busy the past few days.


I am excited to share with you a couple of cards that I made using the A Bear Kind of Winter Stamp Set from Picket Fence Studios.  I just love the sweaters and scarves that the bears are wearing!  For my first card, I created a Shadow Box that I wanted to resemble being inside a cave and looking out.  Affilate Links used.


This shadow box folds perfectly to fit into an A2 sized envelope.  Outer shell dimensions are two pieces of 7" x 4.25", scored at 1.5" and 5.5" and the flaps are glued together after the overlap.  Inside shelving heights can vary but I used sheets of 4.5" x 4.25" and scored them at .25" and 4.25" and then diecut circles in decreasing size in the center of each to get more of a tunneled-look to my card.

A Bear Kind of Winter
A Bear Kind of Winter

For all of my images, I stamped them with Black Ink, colored with Copic Sketch Markers and cut them out.  I also used some Cool Grey Copics (0, C00, C1, C3, C4) to color the "floor" area of the cave.

http://shrsl.com/1b1uc

For the snowy night background, I blended some Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Blueprint Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire) with a few of the Life Changing Ink Blending Brushes.  In a recent post, I showed you a few backgrounds that I made using these amazing brushes.  They blend so smoothly and help you to create gorgeous ink blended backgrounds.

Life Changing Ink Blending Brushes - Picket Fence Studios
Life Changing Ink Blending Brushes - Picket Fence Studios



 These brushes are ON SALE at 20% off until tomorrow!  They come in various sizes and packages, so you don't need to buy all of them.  I recommend starting with the package of either 2 or 4 large brushes first.  And if you spend $30 or more, Picket Fence Studios is giving you one of these brushes (size will vary) FREE with your order!


http://shrsl.com/1b1tv



My second card is a simpler card with a small ink blended area in the background.  I again used the Life Changing Ink Blending Brushes for this card as well.  I blended some Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks, spritzed it lightly with water and allowed it to dry after blotting it lightly with a paper towel.


I added some snow with a White Gel Pen and stamped my sentiment with Black Ink at the bottom of the card.

Picket Fence Studios

You can check out all of the variety of products that Picket Fence Studios has to offer HERE.


Thank you all so much for dropping by!  If you like my work and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all the most wonderful day!

♥ Rachel

2 comments :

  1. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, Rachel. These cards are wonderful. So vibrant and fun. These bears are sweet!

    ReplyDelete