Cool Christmas - MFT Stamps Hits & Highlights

Hello everyone!  For this month's Hit & Highlights feature from MFT Stamps, it's all about creating cards with a Cool Christmas feel.  The design team was challenged to use blues and purples to create wintery Christmas scenes.


I used the newly released Warm & Feathered Hugs Stamp Set from Stacey Yacula for my card today.  I stamped the images with Black Ink onto a sheet of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Card Stock, colored with Copics and then used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  I adore these sweet little owls...especially the one with the oversized comfy scarf.


For my background, I was inspired by a card recently done by Michelle Short.  I love how she had blended some blue and purple inks to get a blizzard styled sky.  To do this, I followed her instructions and used a piece of (Ranger) Watercolor Paper and blended some Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, and Blueprint Sketch. 


To make it sparkle, I sprayed a layer of water mixed with Perfect Pearls and then set it aside to dry.  Once dry, I then splattered some White Paint over the panel to resemble falling snow.


I heat embossed some wintery trees in the background with some Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and added a few snowflakes from the Stylish Snowflakes Die-namics Set.  I cut the snow drift using the Snow Drifts Die-namics and then stamped my sentiment with Black Ink.  Lastly, I attached my images with some 3D Foam Adhesive Squares for some added dimension.


Don't forget to stop by the MFT Blog to see the rest of the designs and inspiration provided by the other participating DT Members!

https://www.mftstamps.com/
Also, My Favorite Things is generously extending their sale one more day in case you happened to miss it this past weekend! 

I hope you've enjoyed my card today!  Thanks so much for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!  Happy stamping!

♥ Rachel

No comments :

Post a Comment