Galaxy Friend - MFT Sketch Challenge 377

Hello and happy Wednesday!  It's time for another Weekly Wednesday Sketch Challenge from My Favorite Things!  The sketch challenges are a fun way to push yourself to create something new in a layout that you may not have initially come up with on your own.


For this week's sketch, I created a fun galaxy-themed card with one of my favorite astronauts from the BB Space Explorer Stamp Set.  For the background, I blended some distress inks (Broken China, Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Chipped Sapphire) over top of the Abstract Stencil.  I then spritzed this panel with a little bit of water and splattered some opaque white paint.
 
WSC 377

 I followed this sketch for my card's layout.  Once I had my background panel finished, I then diecut it and cut the word "Friend" right out of the background.  I then cut this word "Friend" again from black card stock and laid the pieces back inside my background panel so that everything was flush. 


I then heat embossed my sentiment with Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder.  For my astronaut, I stamped him with black ink onto some Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb card stock.  I then colored him with Copics and used the coordinating dies to cut him out.  I adhered him to my card with some white foam square adhesives to add some dimension.

MFTWSC 377

Come have fun and play along with this week's sketch challenge!  Head on over to the MFT Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the team has created and for more details on how to enter.

Thanks so much for dropping by!  Wishing you all a great day!

Rachel 



No comments :

Post a Comment