Pear2stamp - The Stamps of Life



Hello friends!  I'm here to share with you the brand new October Club Set release from The Stamps of Life. It's called Pear2stamp.  For those of you unfamiliar with The Stamps of Life, you don't have to be a club member to purchase this stamp set.  Club members do, however, get up to a 20% discount on all items in The Stamps of Life store.  It's a great perk if you're a fan of The Stamps of Life.  If not, there's no pressure to join!

Pear2stamp

This new set is so beautiful!  For those of you who like to color, paint or watercolor, this set is perfect for those mediums.  There is also another fruit stamp set called Apple2stamp that pairs perfectly with this set.  When I first saw this set, I immediately knew that I wanted to try and watercolor the pears.  However, they turned out horribly (my husband asked me, "what are those??"), so I decided to just stick with ink-blending and Copic Markers (which I'm much more comfortable with at this point), ha ha!


For my first card, I die cut a few pears from some smooth white cardstock.  I wanted my paper to be smooth (I usually use Neenah Smooth Solar White 80lb) because I knew that I was going to blend some inks onto the paper to color the pears.  The smoother the paper, the easier it is to blend the inks.




I used TSOL Banana, Candy, Kiwi and Green Apple Inks on each pear and then added some brown spots using Tsukineko Markers in Rich Cocoa and Peanut Brittle.  I adhered all of my images onto an A2 sized card base after adding some stitched rectangles with both solid and patterned cardstock.  To finish my card, I added a touch of Glossy Accents to make it look like dew on the pears. 




For my second card, I colored my pears with Copic Sketch Markers.



Pear Body: Y02, R32, YG01, YG03, RV00, Y06
Leaves: YG03, YG67, G28
Stem: E74, E77, E49
Spots on pears: E44, E34
 


Once finished, I cut them out using the coordinating dies.  I then diecut a stitched rectangle from white cardstock and blended some Sky Ink onto the background.  Once done, I stamped my sentiment and added my pears.




For my last card, I created my pears in the same way that I did the first card.  I cut them from smooth white cardstock and used inks to color them (TSOL Banana, Candy, Kiwi and Green Apple).


Before adhering my patterned paper panel onto the Sizzix Basic Step-ups Card Base, I first stamped my sentiment.  Once I had the paper attached, I then added my pears and a green ribbon to finish off my card.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Stop by The Stamps of Life Pear2stamp Gallery Website for more inspiration!

Happy Stamping!

Rachel 

No comments :

Post a Comment