Lawn Fawn 3D Pop-Up Halloween Card


Happy Halloween, my crafty friends!  I wanted to share with you one last Halloween card that I made which features the Happy Haunting and Costume Party Stamp Sets from Lawn Fawn.  I couldn't resist getting my hands on these adorable sets after I first saw them!  I wanted this card to have a ton of dimension, so I used both a floating floor and some pop-up add-ons to create this effect.


To start my card, I first stamped my images onto some smooth white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I then colored all of my images using Copic Sketch Markers (colors used are listed at the bottom of this post).  Once done coloring, I used their coordinating dies to cut them out.


I then created the ink-blended background sky for my card by blending some distress inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, and Fossilized Amber) onto a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb Cardstock.  I trimmed this piece down to size and glued it to the base of my card.  Next, I added a flat grassy hillside on top of this by using the Lawn Fawn Grassy Hillside Borders with black cardstock. 


Once my background was complete, I then created the pop-up portion of my card.  I wanted to fit everything into a standard A2-sized card that stood horizontally.  So, I first cut a piece of black cardstock at 5.5" by 8.5" and scored on the long side at 4.25".  I then added the floating floor.  In order to do this, I cut another piece of black cardstock at 5.5" x 5" and scored along the 5" side at 3.8", 3 1/8" and 3 4/8" (or 3.5"....same measurement).  You don't have to score the second two lines exactly at these dimensions, I just prefer to have a larger area in the front of my card that lays flat for a sentiment.  Once I had my floor scored, folded and ready to go, I then die-cut the Stitched Hillside Pop-Up by Lawn Fawn from black cardstock and also the Grassy Hillside Pop-Up Add-On.  Before I adhered anything to the base of my card, I lined these all up and decided where I wanted to place my images.  I then used a razor to cut some slits into my floor base where I knew that I wanted a few of my trick-or-treaters to stand.  Once this was all done, I then glued my floor, followed by the grassy hillside pop-up on top of it.  Lastly, I added some L-shaped brackets (they're glued to the bottom of my card under the floor) to hold my images (see photo above).
 

Once my pop-up base was secure, I added my images to both the pop-up hillsides and the floating floor and glued a wrought iron fence (from the Happy Haunting Set) in front of my scene.  I simply diecut this fence twice and glued it together in the middle after cutting it to size.



I also added some "flying" ghosts and bats by using some clear acetate.


I totally love the 3D look to this card!  It's seriously so much fun to open and close it, lol.

On a side note, I did misjudge the placement of my haunted house and the very tip of it was just slightly sticking out when I shut the card.  In order to fix this, I ended up adding another base to the back of my card that measured at 5.5" x 9.25" when cut and scored at 4 5/8" on the long side of this piece.  Not a big deal since I will be hand-delivering this card!


Lastly, I worked on the front of this card.  I love the idea of keeping the front of the card simple since the inside is so detailed.  I followed a similar idea done by Kelly Marie Alvarez (one of the creators of Lawn Fawn) shown in this video HERE.   I simply created a sleeve to hold my card shut with a piece of 2.5" x 12" white cardstock that I glued together in the back of my card.  I added some patterned paper using the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Fall Paper Pad.  I then adhered some more ghosts with 3D foam pop-up squares.


Here's a short clip that shows how easily the card folds flat with all of the pop-up dimensions added on.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:


Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

Simon Says Monday Challenge: All Creatures Great and Small

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Feel free to leave any comments or questions.

Happy Stamping!

Rachel


Copic Colors Used:
Skin: E50, E51, E11, E23
Green T-Rex Costume: G12, YG03, YG25, YG97
Mummy Costume: 0, C0, C2, C5
Witch Costume: N3, N5, N6, N8 (black portion)
RV00, RV02, RV04 (pink portion)
YR16, E99, E29 (girl's hair)
Purple Unicorn Costume: BV000, BV00, BV08
Ghosts: 0, C0, C2, C5
Trees: E47, E49
Pumpkin Buckets: Y15, Y17, YR14, E15
Pumpkin Costume: Y15, Y17, YR14, E15
E31, E57, E59, E49 (boy's hair)
Haunted House: C2, C4, C5, C8 (house)
Y19, YR04 (windows & doorway) 

   

     

2 comments :