Stamps of Life - Mittens2Stamp

Hello fellow paper crafters!  It's the last day of November and I wanted to share with you a few more cards that I made using this month's stamp and die set (Mittens2Stamp and Mitten Dies) from The Stamps of Life.  Tomorrow starts a brand new set, so I'm looking forward to what they surprise us with for the month of December!


For my first card, I used the Sizzix Triple Square Flip-its Card Die Set for my base.  I then added some beautiful patterned paper from the Stamps of Life Happy Holidays Collection.  Next, I stamped some tiny mittens from November's Mittens2Stamp Club Stamp Set and used my Copics to color them.  I used the smallest snowflake from the Soup4Snowman stamp set and embossed it on each mitten with super fine detail white embossing powder.  After die cutting these mittens using the coordinating dies, I adhered one to each center square portion of my card with 3D foam squares.   



I then stamped and slightly colored my snowman using the Snowman2Build stamp set.  I used the coordinating dies to cut him out and also cut a scarf from white cardstock.  I then colored his scarf with Copics and used the same small snowflake to add a "winter" pattern to his scarf by heat embossing with the white embossing powder once again.  I stamped, cut and colored his cute little Santa hat using the Hats4Critters stamp set and coordinating dies.  Lastly I heat embossed the sentiment from the Mittens2Stamp stamp set and added some deep red twine for embellishment.



For this next card, I used the same mitten stamps and dies as listed above.  For my base, I used the newly released Sizzix Circle Stand Up Die Set.  I tried to keep this card simple and have the mittens be the main focus in the center of the card.  For the mittens, I die cut them from white cardstock and used my copics to color them.  I added a white embossed snowflake from the same stamp set to each mitten.  I then used a white gel pen to add some detailed lines on the cuffs of the mittens.  I used both the Sizzix Circles, Dotted Framelits Die Set and the Sizzix Circles, Scallop Framelits Die Set to cut some decorative circles to place behind the mittens.  The Holly & Ivy came from the Sizzix Merry Christmas 3-D Drop-ins Sentiments Die Set.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment with black waterproof ink and added a red ribbon for embellishment.


Lastly, I went for a more non-traditional Christmas card.  Once again, I used the same mitten stamps and dies as listed above.  I colored my mittens with some Copics and diecut a piece of white felt for each mitten cuff.  The base of the card is actually no longer in production.  It's called the Fancy Edge Flip-its Die Set and it was exclusive to The Stamps of Life a few years ago.  I was lucky enough to find one on eBay a few months back!


I added some more ivy leaves (same as above) and some pearls for the berries.  For the sentiment, I diecut some ovals on solid cardstock using both the Stitched Oval Dies and Oval Dies exclusive to The Stamps of Life.  I then heat embossed my sentiment on the top oval and attached it all to my card with some 3D foam squares.  Lastly, I added a few snowflakes from the Sizzix Merry Christmas 3D Drop-ins Sentiments Die Set and placed a sparkly snowflake from the Pretty Pink Posh Snowflake Sequins Mix.    

I will be playing along and sending these off to the following challenges:

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #119 "Winter"

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes"

Addicted To Stamps and More Challenge #222 "Make Your Mark"

Thank you all for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovely day!

♥ Rachel








12 comments :

  1. hello rachel! sweet cards, luv the aqua mitten card, totally cute! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Love you style and patterned papers. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Let's Craft and Create and can't wait to see your next beautiful card or project with us soon. Nancy Hill, Design Team for Let's Craft and Create

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh. i just love all of these! That first mitten card with the snowman... love the colors and everything about it! love your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of your support, Vanessa! You're so sweet 😍 Your beautiful work always inspires me!

      Delete
  4. Love all your mitten cards! Such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your cards and the pretty color combinations - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome set of cards and they are all so stunning...design,colors combo and images you used...thank you for joining us at ATSM
    Željka DT xo

    ReplyDelete