The Stamps of Life Scalloped Rectangle & Rectangle Dies and a FLASH SALE!


Hello friends!  There are two new die set releases today over at The Stamps of Life!  One is a Scalloped Rectangle Die Set (which is available today at a special 25% off FLASH SALE) and the other is a basic Rectangle Die Set which both coordinate beautifully with the previously released Stitched, Stitched ONLY Rectangle and Dotted Rectangle Die Sets.


I love scalloped rectangle dies!  They just add so much softness to your cards and projects.  For my first card, I used the Scalloped Rectangle Dies along with the Stitched Rectangle Dies to create my frame for my card.


As you can see from the photo above, I taped the two dies together and diecut about 7 of these pieces to create my frame.  The wanted a clean look because I knew that it would be quite difficult to achieve that with foam adhesive around the scalloped sections.  I glued these pieces together and this was just enough dimension to create the shaker portion of my card.


For the turtles, I used the Turtles2love stamp set and coordinating Turtle Dies to cut them out.  I colored them with Copic Sketch Markers (YG05, YG07, YG63, G94, YG97).  Once colored, I then used the patterned shell stamp from the same stamp set to stamp some Green Apple Ink on top of what I had just colored.  I then used this same stamp to stamp Versamark Embossing Ink on top and used the Hero Arts Sparkle Embossing Powder to add some shimmer.  The tufts of grass came from the SOL Mail Box Die Set.  The inside shaker embellishments came from Pretty Pink Posh.



For my next card, I used just the Rectangle Dies and diecut both some Gingersnap Cardstock and some TSOL "Darling" Collection Patterned Paper.  I used the Flamingos2stamp stamp set for both the flamingo and my sentiment.

I once again used Copic Sketch Markers to color my picture.



Colors used: Flamingo: RV00, RV04, RV17; Sand: E41, E42, E43; Sky: B0000, B000, B00, B01


I will be entering my cards into the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Add a Sentiment.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Add A Sentiment
 
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Happy Stamping!

Rachel



No comments :

Post a Comment