Space Explorer Birthday Box Card - My Favorite Things


Hello friends!  I'd love to share with you today a "spaced-out" box card that I made for the young son of a friend of mine.  For this card, I combined both the super cute "Space Explorer" and "Out of This World" stamp sets by My Favorite Things.  I just love the 3D aspect of this card!  My friend's son is an avid space lover and these sets were perfect to create this fun little scene.  I especially love the one-eyed alien that has popped up to surprise the astronauts, ha! 


To start, I first created the box portion of my card by measuring, scoring and cutting a 12"x12" piece of dark blue cardstock.  I love this boxcard tutorial HERE by splitcoaststampers.  I then stamped my images onto white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then colored them with Copic Sketch markers.  I usually try to list whatever colors I used on my images but, for the life of me, I can't find where I wrote it all down, so yeah....that's the story of my life right now raising three little ones.  My short-term memory is pretty much non-existent...  However, for the astronaut, I used: B21, B24, B28 (blue portion of space suit); E0000, E000, E00, E02, E13 (skin); RV00 (blush); 0, C0, C1, C2, C3, C7 (helmet, hair and white portions of space suit).



The picture above shows you the steps I used to create my galaxy panel.  I followed THIS TUTORIAL by MFT stamps for my inspiration.  However, I ended up not using the Black Soot Distress Ink on these panels because I wanted to keep my galaxy slightly lighter so that it would match the blue cardstock that I used for my base.


Once I glued all of the galaxy panels onto my box, I simply die cut and added my space images.  I used some clear acetate to adhere my images to look like everything was in a state of Zero Gravity.

For the fun of it, I will be entering this card into the following challenges:


My Favorite Things Color Challenge #72
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

    
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Hope you have a wonderful day!

Happy Stamping!

Rachel

* I'm so excited and honored that this card was chosen to be featured in the July 4, 2017 edition of "You've Been Spotted by My Favorite Things!
MFT Card Challenges: You've Been Spotted

4 comments :

  1. This is super cute! Love how you added the little astronauts so they look like they are floating!

    ReplyDelete