Game On! - Clearly Besotted


Hello!  For those of you who follow my blog, you know how much I love to make box cards.  I especially love to make them for my nieces and nephews who get so excited when they receive a pop-up card.  Since I have a huge family, it seems that I am always trying to work on a card for somebody.  Today, I'd love to share with you a fun 3-D Box Card that I made for my niece's 7th birthday, featuring the "Game On" Stamp Set from Clearly Besotted.

Game On

Isn't this set super adorable!?  Now, I believe that this set has been retired from Clearly Besotted, but it can still be found on Simon Says Stamp.  When I heard that my niece was having a tennis-themed birthday party, with tennis lessons for all of the kids, I knew that this stamp set would be perfect.

Game On Additions
    
I also used the "Game On Additions" Stamp Set for the tennis net.  This set is harder to find and was also retired from Clearly Besotted earlier last year, I believe.


To start off making my card, I stamped all of my images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Sketch Markers (Colors used are listed at the bottom of this blog post).  For the birds, I used the "Happy Bird-Day" Stamp Set from Clearly Besotted and the "Teeny Tiny Treats" Stamp Set (sadly, also retired) for the cute little banner.  I then used the coordinating dies to cut out my images.  There are no dies for the "Game On Additons" Stamp Set, so I simply fussy cut the net out by hand.


I followed this tutorial by Splitcoaststampers to create my box base.  I always end up trimming the bottom portion of the box by about 1" so that it is the same height as the rest of the card before adding my patterned paper panels.  I added some grass and trees in the background using colored cardstock and the Grassy Fields Die Set and the Trees In The Forest Die Set by My Favorite Things.  In order to make it look like both the birds and ball were flying in the air, I attached them to the inner shelves of the box using some strong, clear acetate.



I love how the card collapses and is able to fit into an envelope (granted, not standard size, but I was able to make an envelope that fit this card with no fuss).  I love how this card turned out as I have been wanting to play with some of my stamps from Clearly Besotted for some time now.

I will be playing along and entering this card into the Addicted To Stamps and More Challenge #246: Anything Goes.

Addicted To Stamps and More Challenge #246: Anything Goes


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  It's Friday!  Enjoy your weekend!

Rachel

Copic Colors Used: Kittens (Y11, Y19, E31, E37); Birds (B00, B01, B02, B04); Purple Outfit and Purple in Banner (BV000, BV01, BV02); Pink in Balloon, Banner and Second Kitten Outfit (RV21, RV23, RV32)





   

2 comments :

  1. Rachel, this is so cute! Your nephew is going to love it. I love all the special details you put into each and every card you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute scenic card. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More.
    Shylaa DT@ATSM
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete