Flower Silhouettes | MFT Stamps

Hello, crafty friends!  With Mother's Day right around the corner here in the US, the Flower Silhouettes Set from My Favorite Things can be a perfect choice for your Mother's Day cards!


I love how this kit can be used to create all types of floral cards.  I used a watercolor stamping technique today, similar to that of a card that I had presented last week.  If you had missed that post, it's basically inking up an image and then spritzing it lightly with water each time before you stamp.


This time, I combined my images with the Flower Vase Die-namics to create a beautiful flower bouquet.  I love how this fits beautifully on a slimline card (measuring at 8.5" tall x 3.5" wide).  I used a piece of Primitive Cream Card Stock for my base and splattered it lightly with some brown watercolor paint.


Once dry, I then stamped my sentiment with some Milk Chocolate Ink a couple of times with my Misti Stamping Tool.  I then added a strip of both Milk Chocolate and Kraft Card Stock at the bottom for some added interest.


I diecut the vase from some Ranger Watercolor Paper and then used some teal green watercolors to paint it.  I used a couple of layers to give the color some depth and let some water dry in various lines across the image to look like cracks in the vase.


I also used Ranger Watercolor Paper to stamp my images and cut each flower piece out with it's coordinating die.  I used Distress Inks to stamp my images but most slow drying inks should work wonderfully with this technique.

Distress Inks Colors Used For Flowers:

Greens: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Peeled Paint
Yellow: Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, and Fossilized Amber
Purple: Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch
Pink: Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick
Mint Green: Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough
Blue: Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean



There are still a few kits available for purchase at a bundle discount.  Otherwise, you can purchase each set separately and work on collecting this set at your own pace.

Flower Silhouettes Day 2Flower Silhouettes Day 1Flower Silhouettes Release Day

In case you missed my previous posts showcasing this set, you can click on any of the above images to check out the card details.


As always, thank you for taking the time to stop by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

♥ Rachel

No comments :

Post a Comment