Fill the Season with Warm Memories - MFT & Friends

Hello friends!  I love the MFT & Friends Feature every month.  This is where the MFT Design Team and a number of Guest Designers are challenged to look at the latest release with a fresh set of eyes and come up with more crafty inspiration!


For my card today, I paired two of the newest Stamp Sets together to create my fun Fall scene.  I used both the BB Fall Friends and PI Sending Blessings Sets.  I first stamped my images onto some Smooth White Card Stock and colored with Copics.  I used the coordinating die to diecut my images and then set them aside to work on the background.


I created a simple background by blending a small area with some Salty Ocean Distress Ink (for the sky) onto some Neenah Solar White 80lb Card Stock.  I then used a mixture of gold Copic tones to color in my ground area.  Once dry, I cut this piece out using one of the Stitched Rectangle Dies from the Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics Set 1.  I then glued this panel to a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of yellow patterned paper from the Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots Paper Pack.


I love the small branchy tree from the PI Sending Blessings Set.  In my card today, I simply rotated it 90 degrees to make it look like a tree branch with falling leaves.  I used 3D Foam Adhesive Squares to attach my images for some added dimension.



Make sure you stop by the MFT Blog to see the amazing designs created by the rest of the Design Team and Guest Designers!


 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a wonderful day and happy card making!

♥ Rachel

2 comments :

  1. Delightful scene, Rachel. Your coloring is so vibrant! I really like how you stamped the tree to be a branch. Very clever. And those little squirrels make me smile. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweet Jeanne! Those squirrels make me smile too! I think I've already used them on 3 different cards, lol.

      Delete