Once Upon a Time - My Favorite Things


Hello crafty friends!  Today I wanted to share with you a fun castle-themed Box Card featuring both the Once Upon a Time and Knight in Shining Armor stamp sets from My Favorite Things.  I made this box card for the daughter of a friend of mine.  I love making box cards for kids because they just love the 3D components of the card.


I began by first creating the box base of my card.  I follow this tutorial from Splitcoaststampers when I want a box card that is slightly larger than some of those that come in die sets.  Once finished, I then trim the bottom portion of the box so that the bottom sides are the same length as the flaps etc.  That's just my personal preference, so it's definitely not a necessary step!


Once I had my box built, I then began to build my castle.  To do this, I used the Die-Namics Castle Die Set, also by My Favorite Things.  This die set is so cute!  I mean...it's REALLY cute! I cut out my castle on light grey cardstock and then used the MFT English Brick Wall Stencil with slightly darker grey ink to make my bricks. I then die cut some flags and tower tops from pink cardstock and then put it all together around the base of the box to resemble an actual castle.


 I diecut some grass using the MFT Die-Namics Grassy Fields on green cardstock and then glued the pieces around the base of my castle walls.  I then added a few cute flowers on the side (also from the Once Upon a Time Stamp & Die Set).  Once my castle was complete, I then glued all of my images to either the inside shelves or outside portion of the box.  For the butterflies and one of the clouds, I used some clear acetate to attach them to look as if they were floating in the sky.  All of my images were stamped with Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers.


As you can see, this card folds up nicely and will fit into a 5X7 envelope.  Because the flags are a bit fragile, I will probably add some thick pieces of cardstock on either side of my card to protect it.

I will be entering this card into the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes


Thank you all for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovely day!

♥ Rachel
 

6 comments :

  1. This card is amazing! Very clever and well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, Dawn! 💕

      Delete
  2. I bought this die, but haven't used it yet because I didn't know what to do. NOW I DO. I LOVE this card. Thank you so much for your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon! I’m glad you like it! It’s such a fun die set to work with ☺️💕

      Delete