Happy Mother's Day!

Sometimes I think that I would be a better mom if I were more like my own mother.  She is one of the most selfless people that I know.  She is also one of the most loving, understanding and patient people out there.  There were 6 of us growing up.  We weren't poor but we didn't have much.  To be honest, we never really noticed because we were showered with love.  Thanks to my mom (and my dad who worked many long hours) we never went hungry.  We never felt like we were missing out on anything.  If we were sick, sad or discouraged, we always knew that our mom would have our back.  She still does!  She lives over 1,000 miles away but thanks to cell phones and FaceTime, we are able to keep up on a daily basis.  I always know who to go to when I need advice with raising my own children!  I am so blessed to have her in my life!

I made this card for her using the Sizzix Square #2 Flip-its Card Set for my base.  I cut the flowers using the Sizzix Triplits Flowers #2 Die Set on various patterned paper.  I used the leaves from Sizzix's Rectangle/Gift Card Flip-its Die Set, but really, almost any leaf die would work.  The pink little flourish in the background was from My Favorite Things.  I simply added some pink twine, stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and voila!  Hoping to get this out in the mail tomorrow! 

Thanks for looking!  Wishing you all a very happy and blessed Mother's Day!      

Products Used:

1) Sizzix Square #2 Flip-its Card Set
2) Sizzix Triplits Flowers #2 Die Set
3) Sizzix Rectangle/Gift Card Flip-its Die Set
4) My Favorite Things Die-Namics, Fancy Flourish




No comments :

Post a Comment