"Ruff" Time


Have you seen the new doghouse stamps and dies (found here) that came out this month from The Stamps of Life?  They are super cute!  And they are perfect for making cards for all of those dog lovers that you may know. 

I created this card using a variety of Stamps of Life products.  The card base is the amazing Basics Step-ups Die Set (found here) by Sizzix.  This is one of my "go-to" die sets because it is so versatile and it allows you to be really creative and add plenty of dimension to your cards.  I added two fences by cutting with my fence die (found here) on heavy white cardstock.  I wanted to give the fence a slightly "aged" look by sponging the base and tips with a little bit of Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink.  For the rain drops, I used my Umbrella4you stamp set (found here) with Tsukineko VersaMark clear ink and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder.  I wanted the rain drops to have a slightly raised look & feel to them and heat embossing is great for providing this effect!  I used my Copic alcohol markers to color the doghouse, dog, dog bowl and tree base.

On a side note, the dog in the stamp set is actually smiling.  However, I wanted mine to look a little bit the way that my dog did any time that she got in "trouble".  In order to do this, I masked the smile when I stamped her image and drew in the little frown with an extra-fine tip black marker.

If you're not one into coloring, it would be very simple to stamp these images on either solid or patterned cardstock, cut and simply attach to the base.

Thanks for looking!   

    



Products Used:

1) Sizzix Basic Step-ups Card Die Set
2) House4cookie (Dog House)
3) Birthday4cookie
4) Treats4cookie 
5) Sizzix Flowers & Fence Stamps & Dies
6) Umbrella4you Stamp Set by The Stamps of Life
7) Sizzix Triplits Hello Sunshine (for the clouds)
8) The Stamps of Life Grass Die
9) Sizzix Birds & Trees Stamps & Dies 

No comments :

Post a Comment