More Flamingos!





Hello! We recently got back home from our vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  Even though it rained most of the week due to a tropical storm, we still had a wonderful beach vacation with my family.  I usually only get to see some of my extended family once a year, but when we get together we always pick right back up where we left off.  Lots of fun! 

So, I created this 5x7" shaker card with the beach in mind.  Once again, this stamp set is called flamingos2stamp and it was last month's club stamp set from The Stamps of Life.  I used the coordinating dies to cut my images and place them on my card front.  Now, there's a little trick to this.  A few months ago, Stephanie Barnard came out with a new product called pallete4mirror that allows you to stamp a reverse image of almost any stamp that you own.  It doesn't look like much but let me tell you, it's awesome!  I used this to create my matching flamingo that is now looking in the opposite direction of my original one.  For the heart shaped background and scallop border, I used both the Sizzix Framelits Hearts #2 and Sizzix Framelits Hearts Scallop #2 Die Sets.  I added some waves and a setting sun which I cut using a simple circle die and then sponged some distress ink to give it various hues.  The patterned paper in the background came from Thank You Card Club Kit sold by The Stamps of Life.  I knew that I wanted to add some flowers and after various attempts with different products, I finally settled on cutting some white felt flowers from the Stamps of Life Mini Flower Dies and added some leaves.  Lastly, I used my stitched oval dies to place my sentiment.

Thanks for looking!  Please feel free to leave any comments or questions!        

3 comments :

  1. Your card is absolutely amazing! I'm so inspired by your beautiful cards..they're always so creative and unique! I love them all. Hope you have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete