You're Out Of This World - MFT Stamps

Hello friends!  I wanted to share with you a fun birthday card that I made following the latest sketch challenge for My Favorite Things.


For this card, I went with my favorite astronauts from the BB Space Explorer Stamp Set.  I stamped my images onto some Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Solar White Card Stock with black ink.  I then colored my images with Copic Sketch Markers (colors listed at the bottom).  Once colored, I used the coordinating dies to diecut these images. 

MFT Sketch Challenge #371

I followed this sketch (above) for my card layout.  My Favorite Things has a new challenge sketch every Wednesday and it's a lot of fun to play along.


I then worked on the galaxy background of my card.  For this, I blended some distress inks (Broken China, Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Chipped Sapphire) onto another piece of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Solar White Card Stock.  Once blended, I spritzed this with a little bit of water and splattered some opaque white paint on top to give the impression of stars.  



For my framed area, I used the Die-namics Gift Box Cover Up Die with a piece of white cardstock.  I glued this to the front of my card, over top of my background.  I then added my astronaut on top of this with some adhesive foam squares to give some added dimension.  Lastly, I added my sentiment by heat embossing it onto some Black Licorice Prestige Card Stock with Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder.  I got my sentiment from the now discontinued MFT Out Of This World Stamp Set.  I used one of the dies from the Die-namics Essentials Fishtail Strips to cut out my banner.



Copic Colors Used   

  • Skin: E50, E51, E21, E11
  • Blues: B21, B24, B26, B39
  • Green Balloon: G20, YG25, G19, G28
  • Red Balloon: R14, R46, R59
  • Whites: 0, C00, C1, C4, C7
  • Hair: E50, E53, E57, E49

You can check out the current sketch challenge and play along below.  The newest challenge comes out tomorrow morning.

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #371


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Rachel

5 comments :

  1. This card is out of this world... super cute, and the coloring, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Leslie 💗 Thank you for all of your comments!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new MFT gig! How exciting! I perused your blog, WOW! Fun to find a new talented stamper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, Vicki! You’re so sweet! 😊💗

      Delete