Snappy Birthday!


Hello! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!  I wanted to share with you a festive little box card that I created for my Uncle who lives near the beach.  I just love box cards because they are full of dimension!  For this card, I used my Box Card Die Set by The Stamps of Life for the base.  As in one of my previous cards, I removed the front flap of the box card and die-cut a "window" into the front base.  I then glued a piece of clear acetate inside the window so that my card would not collapse on itself when folded.  I then added some patterned paper to the sides and flaps and water-colored on some water-color paper with blue inks for my waves and sky.  I used the "Making Waves" die set (now retired) by My Favorite Things for the ocean waves. 


The cute beach scenery and characters came from Lawn Fawn's "Life is Good" and "Critters in the Sea" stamp sets.  I used my Copics to color all of my characters and also used their coordinating dies to cut them out.  Although you may not be able to see it in the photos, I also added some Clear Wink of Stella to add some sparkle to my sandcastle, bucket of sand, seahorse and starfish.  The cute little conch shell that the crab is holding is from the Elizabeth Craft large shells die set.

I love adding "pop-up" objects to the flaps of my box cards.  And as I have mentioned in previous posts, it still folds very simply with a small trick.


As you can see in this photo above, I have mounted my objects on the side flaps with simple pieces of cardstock that are scored and able to fold down.




Once the "pop-up" items are folded down, I can then fold the rest of my card so that it can fit easily into an A2 envelope (see photo below).  I usually make my own envelopes and add a little bit more depth to them in order to protect my card when shipping.


Thank you all for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovely day!

♥ Rachel

7 comments :

  1. I'm speechless, really. This is so incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless, really. This is so incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the cutest box card! I love it..you're so talented! The stamps you used are super cute and also love the idea of removing front flap. What a lucky Uncle being the recipient of this:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO cute! I love how you used acetate to create a window!
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marilyn! I’m glad you like it! ☺️

      Delete