I Dig You - MFT Hits & Highlights

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Hits & Highlights feature from My Favorite Things!  This month's challenge is about featuring projects with magical creatures or to simply integrate the vibrant colors that those magical creatures create.  


For my project today, I went with the fun little garden gnomes from the BB You Gnome Me Set.  When I thought of the transition from spring into summer and explosion of color, I immediately thought about these magical little gnomes and their gardens full of color.



I started my project by stamping my images with Copic friendly black ink onto smooth white card stock and then coloring with Copics.


I then used the coordinating dies to cut them out.


For the base (box) portion of my card, I used 1 piece of standard sized white card stock and cut two 5.5" x 6.5" pieces.  I scored each piece along the 6.5" side at 2.75" and 5.5".  I then turned them to the 5.5" side and scored each piece at 2.75" inches.  Following that, I simply fussy cut down each scoreline along the long side of the card, cut some tabs and then adhered the pieces together.



I added some grass along the bottom edges of the card and also along each of the inside shelves.
For the sky, I blended some Broken China Distress Ink with the Cloud Stencil.  I also added some patterned paper panels using the Bundles of Blossoms Bright Paper Pack.


Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment onto a strip of black card stock and attached it to the front of my card.



I hope you enjoyed my card today!  Make sure to check out the MFT Blog for some more crafty inspiration from the rest of the participating team members.

Have a wonderful day!

Rachel


2 comments :