You've Lassoed My Heart - MFT Color Challenge 89


 Hello!  I'm back with the latest MFT Color Challenge!  This week's color combo is Sour Apple, Orange Fizz, Daffodil and Berrylicious.  More details about the Color Challenge can be found on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration Blog.

CHALLENGE #89

When I first saw these colors, I thought that the newly released Best in the West Stamp Set would go perfect with this color scheme.  As you may already know, I love making 3D cards with a scene.  I thought that a Z-fold card, representing a Dude Ranch, would be fun to attempt.


I first stamped my images with black ink onto smooth white card stock and then colored with Copics.  All of the colors that I used will be listed at the very bottom of this blog post.  I then used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  I also did some paper piercing and used the Fun and Frolic Patterned Paper Pad to create the fox's dress.


I wanted to use my orange and yellow colors to create a sunset-looking sky.  To achieve this, I blended some Kuretake watercolors (#'s 43, 33 and 31) onto some watercolor paper.  I did a couple of layers to get a bolder look.


Z-fold cards are a lot easier to make than they look.  The only thing that I did differently than a normal style z-fold card, was to create a fence for my bracket (instead of a thick strip of paper) that holds the card together.  However, if you were able to look behind the fence, you would see two strong and very thin strips of card stock that run the length of the card (attached to the fence), supporting it. 


I added a haystack from the BB The Whole Herd Stamp Set and a butterfly from the BB Adorable Elephants Stamp Set.  For the mountains, I diecut some Neenah Dessert Storm 100 lb Card Stock with the Stitched Mountain Range Die-namics.  I also added some cute little clouds from the Puffy Clouds Die-namics and some grass from the Grassy Fields Die-namics.


Here's a look at this card "in action".  It folds to fit into an A2 sized envelope, although because it is slightly more bulky than a standard-sized card, it may be a snug fit. 

I hope you've enjoyed my card for today!  If you've never tried a z-fold card, I encourage you to look it up and give one a go.  They're a lot of fun to make and to give.

Thanks for stopping by!  See you soon!
           

Copic Colors Used:
  • Fence: E31, E23, E27, E29
  • Horse and Bear: E31, E25, E27, E49
  • Fox: Y15, Y17, E13, E07, E09
  • Girl's Hat: N3, N6, N8
  • Boots: B0000, B000, B02, B04
  • Greens: YG01, YG06, YG09, YG 17
  • Haystack: Y13, Y21, E33, E23
  • Trough: E40, E41, E42, E44


6 comments :

  1. Your card is so cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove all the dimension and that your colors absolutely pop. Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative. Thanks for sharing the video of this adorable card opening and closing. The picture by itself had me scratching my head over how the fence worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments! Glad the video helped. 😊

      Delete