MFT - The Birthday Project Challenge

Hello crafty friends!  I'm here today to share with you one of the newer challenges hosted by My Favorite Things.  It's called the Birthday Project Challenge and it will be posted on the third Thursday of every month.  The goal is to come up with fun and inventive ways to create different types of birthday cards/projects.

This month, we are focusing on gift cards.  Gift cards are one of the most common gift that is given.  Usually, we just stick them in a card and we're done.  But sometimes it's fun to think outside of the box and find different but eye-catching and easy ways to present them.


I created a simple but fun card using the Gift Card Window & Frame Die-namics.  I first blended a soft pink background onto some Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock using Tattered Rose and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Inks.  I also added some splatters of Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and some opaque white paint.  I then diecut that piece with both the Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Die that comes in the Blueprints 27 Die-namics and the window die from the Gift Card Window & Frame Die-namics.


I used one of the Clear Gift Card Pouches in which to place my gift card.  I then added a piece of pink polka-dotted pattern paper from the Dots & Stripes Sorbet Paper Pack to the front of my horizontal A2 card base and then attached my gift card piece on top of this with some 3D foam tape.


For the cute little fairies, I used the Fairy Happy Stamp Set.  I stamped my images with black ink onto smooth white paper and colored them with my Copics (all colors used will be listed at the very bottom of this post below the products used tabs).  I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and attached them to my card with some foam square adhesives.

Lastly, I added a few beautiful Iridescent Bubbles for some added interest.  Super easy and fun!



Make sure to visit this month's Birthday Project Post over at the MFT Card Challenge Blog for more details on how to enter and some fun crafty inspiration by the other DT Members.

Wishing you all a lovely day!  I love to hear from you so feel free to leave any comments or questions!

Happy Stamping!

Rachel



Copic Colors Used:
  • Skin: E50, E51, E21, E11, E13
  • Pinks: RV00, RV02, RV04, RV06
  • Greens: YG01, YG07, YG23, G29
  • Hair: Y11, Y21, YR23, E37
  • Wings: 0, C00, C2, C5

1 comment :

  1. Any little one (and not so little lol) would be over the moon to receive this card as it's just soooooo darn cute. Xxx💜xxx

    ReplyDelete