BB Bitty Bears Shadow Box Card - My Favorite Things


Hello crafty friends!  It's been such a busy month at my house that I haven't had much time to post the cards that I've been working on.  However, I'd love to share with you a fun little shadow box card that I made featuring the BB Bitty Bears stamp set from My Favorite Things.  


A few weeks ago, I saw a snowy-scene shadow box card by Amy Yang that inspired me to create one of my own.  I wanted to make a shadow box card that was big enough to create a snowy Christmas scene but small enough that it would still fit into a standard sized 5"x7" envelope.  I'm sure that there are tutorials out there that give directions to create this type of card, but I couldn't find one and ended up measuring and making my own.  I've quickly listed the measurements below if you wanted to try one of your own.

Measurements:
  • Trim 2 pieces of cardstock at 5"x 8 1/4"
  • Score these pieces on the long side at 1 1/4" & 7" 
  • Cut an open window in one of the pieces (I used the MFT Die-namics A2 Rectangle Stax and added a white scalloped frame using the MFT Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames
  • Adhere these two pieces together on one side where the side flaps will overlap (this will be the frame of your box)
  • For the inside strips, cut three pieces of cardstock at 6 3/8" long at varying heights to add dimension (I used heights of 1 1/2", 2" and 2 1/2"). 
  • Score each inside piece at 3/8" & 6"
  • After you are done scoring, you can then diecut these pieces with whatever border dies (if any) that you want to use.  I used the MFT Die-namics Stitched Snow Drifts on mine.  
  • I also cut some inside strips (6 3/8" long x 1/2 " high, scored at 3/8" and 6") for the top of the card to adhere my trees.

For the background of my card, I blended some distress inks (Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire) and then diecut this panel with the MFT Die-namics Snowfall Horizontal Die. I love this background die.  It's so easy to use and really adds the look of falling snow.   I also added some snowy trees using the MFT Die-namics Birch Trees.  Lastly, I added some sweet little Christmas bears from the BB Bitty Bears stamp set.  I used the BB Beast Friends stamp set to add some cute little Santa hats.


As you can see, when this card is collapsed, it fits perfectly into a 5"x7" envelope and still weighs under 1oz for easy and inexpensive shipping.  And even though dimensional cards may sometimes look like a lot of work, this card was pretty simple to make.  It was mainly measuring, cutting and scoring.  The best part about these type of cards is that they're so much fun to pull out of the envelope and pop open!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!

Rachel  

 


     

 

 



No comments :

Post a Comment