Stitched Tag Dies, Web Dies, and Trendy Happy Thanksgiving Die Set - The Stamps of Life


I don't usually make Halloween cards but the new spider and web dies released today by The Stamps of Life are just so cute!

Web Die Set
Look how intricate that web is!  There are so many ways that you can use this die set.  For my first card, I simply used the spider die.


I diecut some circular windows using the Sizzix Friendly Phrases Stamp & Die Set and used the TSOL Stitched Rectangles Die Set to then cut out my rectangular panel.  I stamped my sentiments using both the Web4us and the Pumpkins2cut stamp sets.  I then adhered this panel to some TSOL Patterned Paper and then added my spiders.  Pretty simple!


For my second card, I used the same Web Die Set and made a window shaker card with a spider dangling from the web.  You can't see it in the pictures, but I adhered the spider using very thin string from the top of his head and the bottom of his belly so that when the card is moved, he swings from side to side.  For the bats, I used the Fence/Crows/Bat/Moon Die Set on black cardstock.  To get the ombre-looking background, I blended TSOL Lemonade, Banana and Tangerine Inks onto smooth white cardstock.


The second die set released today are some super cute Stitched Tags.  They come in a variety of sizes, making them very versatile.

TSOL Stitched Tags Die Set

I love the variety in this set.  When I first saw them, I knew that I wanted to make some fun shaker tags with them.



For my first tag, I used the Stitched Tags Die Set for the frame, and the TSOL Rectangle Die Set to cut out the window.  To get the dimension that I needed for the shaker tag, I cut out about 6 of these frames and glued them together before adding the acetate.  However, the SOL Double-sided Adhesive Foam would work perfectly for this if you wanted to save time. (I didn't have any left at the time that I made these, otherwise, that would have been my first choice, ha!).  I used the Hats4critters Stamps and Dies for the cute little dog on the front of the tag.  



For my second tag, I pretty much followed the same steps as above except that I used patterned paper for my front of the tag.  I also used TSOL Inks (Seaglass, Sky, and Blueberry) to create the ink blended background.  The cute little whale came from the Whale2stamp Stamp Set.


Lastly, take a look at this amazing Trendy Happy Thankgiving Word Die Set.  So cool!  I absolutely love the fonts used on this.


I used this set to make a fun 3D Thanksgiving Card.  The pumpkins and the turkey both come from the very popular Turkey Pudgie Set and the base of the card was made using the Sizzix Friends Forever Step-ups Die Set.  For the pumpkin vines and leaves, I used the leaves from the Sizzix Owls Stamps & Dies Set and the balloon strings from the Sizzix Balloons Step-ups Card Die Set.

If you want some more inspiration on how to use each set, you can check out more pics at The Stamps of Life Web Gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Feel free to leave any comments or questions!

Happy Stamping!

Rachel   
          

No comments :

Post a Comment