Sizzix Pumpkin Fold-It Die Set


Hello! I know that it's still Summertime here in the U.S. but Fall will soon be arriving.  I would love to share with you a new die set from The Stamps of Life called the Sizzix Pumpkin Fold-its Die Set.  I made all of the fun Halloween/Fall items in the image above using this die set in combination with some others.


The first item that I made with this die set is a Pumpkin Treat Box.  I wanted to make something decorative that would also be useful.  It's perfect for candies or even as a decoration on its own!



To start, I first created the little box area that fits between the two pumpkins.  It took a little trial and error but I came up with some measurements that work perfectly.



First, trim a piece of cardstock (I used orange) to 7.5" x 8".  Then, with the 7.5" side laying flat against the top of the scoreboard, you want to score at 2" and 5.5".  Turn your paper 90 degrees until the 8" side is now resting against the top of the scoreboard.  Score again at 3" and 5".  Then it's just four straight cuts with the scissors and glueing it all together.  See the photo above for a better idea.


I then made the front of the pumpkin.  In order to do this, I cut my three front panels on white cardstock and used Banana, Tangerine, Gingersnap and Chocolate Inks to color my pumpkin via ink blending.


Once that was done, I used a double-sided adhesive foam sheet to adhere each panel onto my pumpkin.  I really can't say enough about this foam.  It's absolutely amazing!  Because it has adhesive on both sides, it makes crafting so much easier.  It's also very sturdy and holds up well.

To finish off the pumpkin, I simply glued the front and back pumpkins onto the box, added some ribbon, a button and a tag.  (I did not ink blend the back portion of my pumpkin.  It's just an orange piece of cardstock).  


For my second project, I combined the face dies from the Pumpkin Fold-it Die Set with the TSOL Handlebox Die.  These make perfect Halloween treat boxes!  I also stamped and diecut some bats using the Solids4halloween stamp set and matching dies.



For these treat bags, I combined the Sizzix Pumpkin Fold-it Die Set with the SOL Zig Zag Bag Die Set.  Super easy and super cute!




 Lastly, I created a Pumpkin Fold-it card.  Isn't that Jack O' Lantern so cute?

I stamped the word "Boo!" on the inside using the Solids4halloween Stamp Set.



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  I hope I've been able to inspire you with different ways to use this super fun die set!  Wishing you all a lovely day!

Rachel

  
 


      


4 comments :

  1. Hello, Rachel!
    Your projects are so wonderful that I couldn't resist to come here. I want those dies now! Amazing works. Thanks for sharing. Marge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marge! I appreciate all of your sweet comments 😊❤️

      Delete
  2. What die set or punch did you use for the leaves, please. I love the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! I used the Sizzix Framelits Die Set w/ Stamps-Leaves #657917. It's a retired set but I found mine on eBay last year.

      Delete