Mermaid Box Card - MFT Stamps


Hello friends!  I'd love to share with you another card that I made for the MFT Color Challenge #73.  For this card, I decided to make a box card featuring the MFT Stamps BB Mermazing, Seaside Seagulls and Ocean Pals Stamp Sets. 

MFT Color Challenge #73

I followed this inspiration photo (above) to choose my color scheme.  To start my card, I first created the box portion.  I usually follow THIS tutorial by Splitcoaststampers on how to create your own box card by hand.  I love having an open window covered with acetate in the front of my box cards.  It just gives so much more depth to your card.  If you're interested in seeing a few other box cards with a similar design, here are a few more examples that I've made in the past year or so.

Beach Box Card


Fishing Box Card

For the front of my box card (below), I used the MFT Die-namics Square Peek-a-Boo Window Die to die cut the window.  I love how the added stitches around the sides create the perfect frame for my underwater scene!


I stamped my images onto white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then colored them with Copic Sketch Markers.

The colors that I used are as follows: (Mermaid's Tail: YG01, YG06, YG17, G16; Mermaid's Hair: Y21, R35, R29, V15, R59; Mermaid's Top: V20, V04, V17, BV08; Mermaid's Skin: E0000, E01, E02, E13, E15; Clown Fish: Y15, YR04, YR07; Island: E31, E33, E35, E57; Crab:R17, R35, R59; Pelican's Bodies and clouds: 0, C00, C0, C1, C3).

I diecut all of the images with their coordinating dies and added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter on the Mermaid's tail and bikini top for some added shimmer.



To go with my mermaid/beach theme, I added some dark grey scale-like patterned paper on the lower sides of the box and also stamped and added my sentiment "Sending You Oceans of Love" onto one of the box flaps.  In the background, you can see a small island with a crab and a fun palm tree.  I diecut the tree using the MFT Die-namics Beach Scene Builder and added some inks to the dicuts to give the pieces some shading.


I actually made this card for my Aunt's birthday.  She is an avid beach lover but sadly doesn't get to go except maybe once or twice a year.  My entire family goes on a beach vacation every summer (there are usually about 60 of us) and my Aunt is notorious for counting down the days for all of us on Facebook until the next vacation. :0)

Thank you all for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a lovely day!

♥ Rachel

I will also be entering this card into the following challenges: 

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
 
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #252: Make Your Mark

1 comment :