Fish2stamp - The Stamps of Life




Hello crafty friends!  I'm a bit late in getting this post out since we just returned from a long vacation and I still have things lying all around my house that are obnoxiously waiting for me to unpack.

fish2stamp

I can't believe that it's a new month already!  I'd love to share with you today a few samples that I made using the new fish2stamp Stamp Set and coordinating dies that were released on the 1st of this month from The Stamps of Life.  I cannot tell you how excited I was when I first saw this set.  How cute are those fish?! This set is so versatile and just plain fun. 


For my card above, I made a fun little shaker card.  I first stamped my images onto white cardstock and then colored them using Copic Sketch Markers.  For my background, I blended some ink (Lawn Fawn Mermaid and Merman) and then spritzed it with a little bit of water.  I actually used the leaves from the SOL Box Card Die Set to create the grass in my underwater scene.  Lastly, I added a few embellishment sequins from Pretty Pink Posh along with some White Microbeads from American Crafts.


For this next card, I used the SOL Exclusive Box Card Die Set for my base.  I added some patterned paper panels using the "Smiles" Collection Patterned Paper.  For the waves, I diecut some 40lb vellum paper with the wave die that comes in the Whale Die Set.  The water droplets came from this set as well.  To attach the fish and make it look like they're jumping out of the water, I simply cut a few strips of thick clear acetate and adhered everything with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.


This next card was pretty simple.  For my base, I used the Sizzix Flowers/Sentiments Drop-ins Card Die Set along with the "Celebrate" Patterned Paper Collection.  I stamped my sentiment on the top and bottom portions of the card and then added my fish with adhesive foam tape to give them some added dimension.



Lastly, I made a simple card that has the perfect sentiment to match.  For the background, I used a Clarity Stencil Brush to lightly brush on some SOL Sky Blue Ink.  In order to make the fish look like they were kissing, I used the palette4mirror to stamp a reverse image.  The stitching around the card came from TSOL Stitched Rectangle Dies.  To finish the card, I added a few 4mm clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh.

I will be entering some of these cards into the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  Happy Stamping!

Rachel





 

No comments :

Post a Comment