Stamps of Life - Have a Beary Happy Birthday


Hello!  It's a new month and The Stamps of Life has come out with a super cute new set of monthly club stamps called bear2stamp!  This set is super versatile and can be used for almost any occasion.  Today, I'd like to share with you a simple little birthday card that I created using this set and the coordinating dies.  This card is actually for my dad.  Yes, it looks like it could be for a child but if you knew my dad, (a very smart and wonderful man who is a child at heart), you'd understand!

For the base of my card, I used the Sizzix Triple Circle Flip-its Die Set by Stephanie Barnarnd.  I then added some die-cut patterned paper panels using the Happy Birthday Collection Patterned Paper Pad from The Stamps of Life.  I used some basic circle dies to die cut some dark blue circles that fit perfectly over the three circles in the center of my card.  Next, I used one of the dotted circle dies that comes in the Triple Circle Flip-its Die Set to add some contrasting dotted white circles directly above the dark blue ones.  


For the bear, I stamped his image using my We R Memory Keepers Precision Press Stamping Tool with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  Following that, I colored him using Copic markers.  I then die-cut him using the coordinating "Bear Dies".  The nice thing about the coordinating dies is that they come with a small little die that partially cuts out his paws and arms so that he can be holding onto something.  Since this is a birthday card, I decided that he should be holding a present (which was stamped from the SOL birthday4cookie stamp set).  The smaller birthday presents that are on the three circles in the center of the card came from SOL stamp2build stamp set.  Similar to the large gift, I stamped the gifts onto white cardstock, colored with Copics and then fussy cut them.  I added some glitter embossing powder to the ribbon on each present prior to attaching them to the card.  Lastly, I die cut a birthday hat for the bear and then heat embossed my sentiment with super fine detail black embossing powder.  I then added some blue ribbon and a few rhinestones to embellish the card.

bear2stamp

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave any comments or questions!

Rachel

   

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, this is just adorable! I just happen to have all of the stamps and dies you used...I may have to CASE. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Leslie! You're so sweet! 💕

    ReplyDelete