Pretty Pink Posh - Winter Wonderland


Hello!  I'm sure that most of you are making final preparations for Thanksgiving or possibly traveling.  I love this time of the year.  It's actually bittersweet since I don't get to visit with my family during the holidays much anymore since they live so far away.  But I have greatly enjoyed making new family traditions and memories with my own small children.

I'd like to share a little holiday/winter card that I created using some adorable stamps by Pretty Pink Posh.  For this card, I used the Winter Wonderland stamp set and coordinating dies.  I also used the Pretty Pink Posh Holiday Pals stamp set to create the little stack of gifts on the sled.

To begin, I first created a snowy background by blending broken china and mermaid lagoon distress inks onto a piece of smooth white cardstock.  I then spritz it with perfect pearls "pearl" pigment powder that I had mixed with some water inside of a small spray/mister bottle.  Lastly, I splattered some opaque white paint over this panel to create a "snowing" effect.

To create my snowy trees, I used the Birch Tree Window Die by Simon Says Stamp and die cut it twice (one right next to the other) on some Kraft cardstock.  I then splattered some more white paint onto this panel to once again resemble snow.  I absolutely love this die by Simon Says Stamp.  It's perfect for any time of the year.  I decided to add some "snow" on my trees by using my snow marker.  This marker is pretty cool.  You simply "draw" the areas that you want snow and then heat emboss it.  It then puffs up and creates a really neat effect.  I then added a little bit of dimension to my trees by coloring in some shadows with a brown copic marker.


I wanted to make this a shaker card, so I simply added some thin strips of 3D foam tape around the base of my card (the blue panel that I had ink blended) and added some 3mm clear sparkling sequins and Marshmallow Seed Beads both by Pretty Pink Posh.  After adding a piece of clear acetate behind my tree panel, I then placed the trees on top of the 3D foam tape to secure it in place.

I then added a "snow drift" using the Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Border Dies.  Next, I diecut a white frame from white cardstock using the Die-namics Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames by My Favorite Things.

Lastly, I heat set my sentiment (using an exclusive holiday set of stamps by Pretty Pink Posh) onto clear vellum with silver embossing powder.  I mounted the card onto some silver sparkle cardstock and added a few Pretty Pink Posh Snowflake Sequins with some clear droplets for embellishment.

I will be playing along and sending this off to the the following challenges.


Simon Says "Christmas To Die For" Wednesday Challenge


Let's Craft and Create Challenge #119 "Winter"
Addicted To Stamps and More Challenge #221 "Anything Goes"


Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!  I love hearing from you!  Feel free to leave any comments or questions.  Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Rachel
  

10 comments :

  1. You have so many wonderful details on your card it's hard to take it all in, Rachel. The inked background is stunning and the snow on the trees is perfect. I do think that that bear looks a little too happy to see a little girl walking through the woods. ;) I'm so glad you shared your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, the scene you have created looks fantastic and I love all the little details.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comments, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful holiday card! So many fun details. I especially like your sentiment on vellum. It adds such a nice touch. Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty wintry wonderland with the trees and snowy sky and the darling little girl, sled of gifts and cute bear! I'm sure he's smiling because he'll be giving her bear hugs when she comes near! Festive spirit soaring in seeing this! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments, Carol! 😍

      Delete
  6. so gorgeous! that tree die is so awesome! love your beautiful little scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! Yes, that tree die is amazing :0)

      Delete