"Best Wishes" Wedding Card


Hello!  I would like to share with you today a wedding card that I made for my cousin and his beautiful bride.  I have to admit, I get pretty nervous when I have to make a wedding card.  I was tempted to go out an buy one but my goal (when I first started making cards) was to never have to buy a store-bought card again.  So, with that in mind, I took a deep breath and gave it a shot.  A few weeks ago, I signed up for an online class with Altenew Academy.  It was all about ink blending techniques and I learned a lot!  Our instructor, Amy, did an example of a shaker card with ink blending and using a background die to cover it.  I loved her idea and it was from her card that I got my inspiration for this wedding card.


For my ink blended background, I used the three darkest inks from Altenew's Red Cosmos Mini Ink Cube Set.  I added some Sparkling Clear Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh and sealed my ink blended panel and the sequins in a stamp storage pocket that was cut and folded to fit inside my card.  This made it less bulky than using 3D foam tape for the shaker portion.  I then diecut a floral background panel using the Thinlits Flower Power Background Die created by Stephanie Barnard for Sizzix.  I placed this over top of my shaker portion and did use some thin foam tape to hold this down in the area above and below the part of the background die that is showing in the card.  I then adhered two panels of white cardstock on top of the floral background die that was not over the shaker portion of the card.  For the top panel, I die cut it using a Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Scallop Border Die.  For the bottom panel, I dry embossed it with a swirl embossing folder and cut it to size.



Once these two panels were attached, I added some red ribbon around the center of the card.  I then used the Die-namics Stitched Fancy Flourish by My Favorite Things and die cut it 5 times using deep red cardstock.  I glued each of these pieces together and glued part of it under the red ribbon and the rest onto the card face.  On top of that I cut some beautiful stitched flowers and leaves using the Die-namics Stitched Flowers and Die-namics Royal Leaves also by My Favorite Things.

Lastly, I added some small clear droplets by Pretty Pink Posh for some simple but beautiful embellishment.

I will be entering this card and playing along at the Addicted To Stamps and More "CAS" Challenge #219.

http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.hr/2016/11/challenge-219-cas-design-team-call.html
"CAS" Challenge #219

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!  I love to hear from you! Feel free to leave any comments or questions!

Have a great day!

Rachel

6 comments :