Happy Father's Day!


This blog is dedicated to two very important men in my life.  My husband and my father!  Father's Day is a special day to let them know just how much they mean to me (although hopefully they know it the other 364 days of the year!).

This first card, I created for my husband.  Both of my cards were inspired by a card that I saw on the Silhouette Design Store designed by Lori Whitlock.  However, on my husband's card, I decided to try a different approach on creating what  I hoped would look like an actual 3D tool box.  For the base, I used my Exclusive Box Card Die Set by The Stamps of Life.  I cut off the front flap of the box to leave room for my drawers.  For the sides of my tool box, I simply used some silver foil paper and dry embossed it with my Diamond Plate Embossing Folder by Darice.  For my toolbox drawers, I measured and cut four drawers with the same color cardstock as my base and added that same silver foil paper strip to the top of each drawer for a more authentic look.  I used corkboard paper for my pegboard.  For the cut of the pegboard itself, I used the Die-namics Pegboard Coverup Die by My Favorite Things.  I also used their Die-namics Tool Time Dies to create the tools that I placed in and around the toolbox.  These dies are just so cute! For my sentiment, I used the "You're the MAN!" stamp from the "Man Cave" stamp set by Scrappy Moms Stamps.

I thought that this card would be perfect for my husband because he can literally fix almost anything! Electrical wires, cars, clogged pipes, appliances, dry wall.....you name it and he can most likely fix it!  Not only is he handy, but he's a wonderful and devoted father as well.  Just ask any one of our kids!


This next card, I made for my dad.  This card looks more like the example that I saw on the Silhouette Design store by Lori Whitlock.  However, instead of using my Silhouette Cameo, I decided to make it completely by hand.  Most of the products that I used are the same as the ones that I used in the card above.  However, for my base, I used the Sizzix Baby Dresser Card Die Set (also designed by Lori Whitlock).  Once cut, I simply trimmed off the ornate base of the dresser to give it that straight edge that looks more like a toolbox than a fancy dresser.


My sentiment came from the "For The Boy's" stamp set by Scrappy Moms Stamps.  I chose this sentiment because, if you knew my dad, he literally knows a little bit of SOMETHING about pretty much EVERYTHING!  He's like a walking dictionary.  My dad is an amazing man.  Growing up, (again there were 6 of us, not including my parents), we didn't have the money for many material things.  But like I mentioned before, we never felt like we were lacking in anything.  A lot of that has to do with my dad!  He worked LONG hours 7 days a week to provide for us.  Our house was the place for all of the neighborhood kids to come and play!  We had a bunch of swings, two play sets, a huge tree house,  a half-size basketball court and even baseball field in our backyard!  Why?  Because my dad made every single one of them by hand!

So, all that to say, I just want to say "Thank You" to both my dad and my husband for being such wonderful fathers.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and Happy Father's Day!

Thank you all for dropping by!  If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don't forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

♥ Rachel
             

3 comments :