Let's Do Lunch


I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous and yet excited to be starting my blog! This is completely out of my comfort zone since I usually tend to shy away from social media.  But, it's never too late to try!  The first card that I wanted to share with you is one that I made using products from The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnard (The Stamps of Life).  I can't say enough about this company or its products.  They are absolutely amazing and not to mention reasonably priced!  This was the first box card that I had ever made and it did take some time.  However, I think (now that I know what I'm doing) it will be a lot easier the second time around.  It was totally worth the effort as my recipient loved it!  I used the Stamps of Life Exclusive Box Card Die set for my base.  This die set is SO versatile.  You can be as simple or as creative as you want and your card will still look amazing. I used the Sizzix Flowers & Fence Dies for the flowers.  The stems were die cut with the dies from the Box Card die set using 100lb green colored cardstock.  They held up better than I thought they would!  No stamping involved with the flowers, just die cutting.  I tried to add some dimension to the flowers by sponging various shades of Distress Ink by Tim Holtz on the tips of the petals.  The hippo and stamp sentiment are exclusively by The Stamps of Life.  I thought it would be cute to put some grass in the hippo's mouth to match the sentiment. The sentiment is held up by some crafting wire.  The cute little bumble bee in the background is also from The Stamps of Life.  I just stamped, cut and colored him and then attached him using a thin strip of acetate.  Thanks for looking! 

Products used:

1.  The Stamps of Life Box Card Die Set
2.  Sizzix Flowers Flowers & Fence Stamps & Dies
3.  Hippos2Stamp
4.  Solids4Hippos
5.  Hive4Bees

No comments :

Post a Comment